Reasons to be a Social Worker in St Helens
Why Join Us?
This is an exciting time for St Helens Children’s Social Care.
Our People’s Services Department brings together a number of sections to provide a holistic service to vulnerable children and their families.
- Children’s Social Care
- Adult Social Care & Health
- Public Health
- Community Safety
Children’s Social Care has been re-designed to provide a consistent, high quality service resulting in better outcomes for children and their families. To achieve this we have ensured:-
- Social workers will work long-term with children to reduce changes and transition points
- Integration with partner agencies at the Front Door including Police and Health
- Introduction of the Advanced Practitioner role to support social workers with their practice
- Excellent Induction and ASYE Support Programme
- Every registered Social Worker will have access to Community Care Inform
The development of a number of initiatives to innovate and improve practice including:-
- An ‘Edge of Care’ Service
- The Pause Programme
- Partnership with Frontline
- Safer Lives Partnership